Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Let's go fly a kite!

Finn received a kite as part of his present from Auntie Yola.  Everyday afterwards, he asked to fly it.  "Today looks like it would be a good day to fly a kite," he would tell me.  I would look out the window to find it overcast and drizzly.  Another time after this pronouncement, I saw that it was sunny but deathly still.  This obviously led to a discussion about appropriate kite-flying weather.

Finally, this past weekend, the weather gods smiled down on us.  The weather was mild, there was a brisk breeze, and sunny skies.  We packed up the kids and the kite and drove to a local park.








And......Finn was terrified.  He has never seen an actual kite in action so the uncontrolled nature of its movement accompanied with its loud flapping was a bit overwhelming.  Now that he knows what to expect, I think he might do better......if I am successful in convincing him to try again.  In either case, the rest of the family had a jolly good time.  Such a fun way to spend the afternoon.


2 comments:

RFamily said...

My kids have a similar sense that every day is good kite weather :)

yola said...

Oh no! I hope he grows to enjoy it eventually! At least the rest of you had a good day at the park :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...